The 16 teams classified for the next Six Major are defined, which will take place in Charlotte, USA, between November 16th and 22nd. The four best teams from the regions with an official competitive scenario (Latin America, North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific) will compete for the title and points in the global ranking of the modality in a championship with a total prize pool of US$ 500,000 (R$ 2,578. 550.00 at the current price).
The main novelty of Six Major Charlotte is the return of the public to the international competitions of Rainbow Six Siege. Based at the Charlotte Convention Center, the championship will be attended by fans from the 20th, after previous editions had empty stands due to sanitary restrictions in the fight against Covid-19.
Champion of the last two editions of the Six Major, Brazil has four representatives in the competition. Team Liquid, W7M Esports - debuting in the tournament -, FURIA Esports and Team oNe reached the semifinals of the first edition of the Copa Elite Six of America, “the Libertadores do R6”, and guaranteed a spot in LATAM. Brazilian athletes, by the way, comprise the largest number among the nationalities of this edition: 24, the country's record.
In addition to the Brazilian teams, the championship will feature 12 more teams from three other regions: North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Are they:
- Oxygen Esports
- DarkZero Esports
- Team BDS
- Looking For Org
- G2 Esports
- Cyclops Athlete Gaming
- Dire Wolves
- Chiefs Esports Club
The tournament takes place in two stages. The first, which will take place between May 16 and 18, will divide participants into four groups with four teams each. Participants will be divided into four groups with four teams each and will play matches in MD1 format.
The top two teams from each group advance to the playoffs. Each team faces the opponents twice, totaling six clashes for each one. Wins without overtime give three points, while wins with overtime give two points to the winner and one point to the loser.
Check below how the division of the groups was:
Group stage match schedule:
The quarterfinals and semifinals, which take place on May 20 and 21, will be in MD3 with a simple elimination system. Ou seja, the winner of the duel advances and the loser is directly eliminated, without repescagem. The two best times of the farão tournament to the grand finale on the 14th, in an exciting duel in MD5 to decide the champion of the Six Major Charlotte 2022.
The public will be able to follow all the games of Six Major Charlotte 2022 with transmission in Portuguese on the official channels of Rainbow Six Esports Brazil on Twitch and not on [YouTube](https:/ /www.youtube.com/r6esportsbr), in addition to some secondary channels on Twitch, and also in Watch Parties held by Ubisoft partner streamers that will be disclosed shortly . For more information, access the official site of the competitive Rainbow Six Siege scenario.
To celebrate yet another edition of the Six Major, a Thermite operator package is available for purchase at the game store. 20% of the liquid revenue of two items will be allocated to the award of the competition, giving years the opportunity to support the teams participating in the tournament.
Run for Six Invitational 2023 and awards
The Six Major Charlotte is more of an opportunity to win some points in the global ranking that will decide who will give us slots for the Six Invitational 2023. It is worth mentioning that W7M Esports, Team oNe and FURIA will play two broadcast studios from Ubisoft, in Mexico City, due to the absence of the American visa. See below the division of the point assigned for each placement:
1st place: 375 points.
2nd place: 300 points.
3rd and 4th: 230 points.
Do 5th or 8th: 165 points.
Su 9º or 12º: 105 points.
Sun 13th or 16th: 50 points.
The award will also be decided according to the final placement of each participating team. Check the division below:
1st place: US$ 200 thousand (R$ 1,031,420.00)
2nd: US$ 80 thousand (R$ 412,568.00)
3rd and 4th: US$ 40 thousand (R$ 206,284.00)
5th or 8th grade: US$ 20 thousand (R$ 103,142.00)
9th year or 12th: US$ 10 thousand (R$ 51,571.00)
13th or 16th grade: US$ 5 thousand (R$ 25,785.50)
*Approximate values and calculated according to the current dollar rate of R$ 5.16.
The fans of R6 that will accompany the broadcasts of the tournament will still have a chance to win the cobiçados Twitch Drops. In this opportunity, there are two operators Ying, Mozzie, Maestro, Ace and Melusi available.
To redeem the Twitch Drops, each user will need to register their account on Twitch and link with Ubisoft. Then, you will be requested to opt for the discard resource. It is important to certify that the account is linked before tuning in to the transmission.
For every four hours attended in one of the official transmissions on Twitch, the user will have the right to redeem a prize, not a maximum of one per day. The exception is the day of the end, in which the public will receive a packet every hour attended and another after three hours attended, with a maximum of two packets per day.
All redemptions will have to be claimed manually. To do this, just click on the “Claim” button on the page [twitch.tv/drops/inventory](https://can01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.twitch.tv %2Fdrops%2Finventory&data=05|01|joao.guerra%40ubisoft.com|5d24a7107a4f4fd185d408da34220139|e01bd386fa514210a2a429e5ab6f7ab1|0|0|637879617921585054|Unknown|TWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D|3000|||&sdata=mKFEt8xHXnSo1vpyLGvuCacar3v13p3a2IOjIIBz%2BHU%3D&reserved=0) para garantir o award and reset to count of accumulated hours for or next. The opportunity will be available 24 hours after the end of the Six Major and the delivery of two items will be made 48 hours after the end of the competition.
Twitch Drops are valid for all platforms on which Rainbow Six Siege is available: PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X. You don't need to have a game to be enabled to get drops.
Check the Twitch Drops available for the non-Six Major Charlotte 2022 audience:
Ying Esports Kit - 4 items (sold individually):
Camouflage Gamma Ray for T-95 LSW
Mozzie Esports Kit - 4 items (sold individually):
Cosmic Nexus Uniform
Camouflage Constellation for Commando 9
Maestro Esports Kit - 4 items (sold individually):
Moon Flare Uniform
· Lyrid helmet
Camouflage Shooting Star for Alda 5.56
· Master Amulet
Ace Esports Kit - 4 items (sold individually):
Camouflage No Surrender Strength for AK-12
Melusi Esports Kit - 4 items (individually redeemed):
Preeminent hard hat
Camouflage Unbroken Strength for MP5
· Melusi Amulet
Check the list of streaming channels for Six Major Charlotte 2022 below (the Twitch streams listed below are valid for distribution of two Twitch Drops):
Group stage and playoffs:
· In English (stream A): Twitch.tv/Rainbow6
· In English (stream B): Twitch.tv/Rainbow6Bravo
· In English: Twitch.tv/r6esportsna
· In Portuguese (stream A): Twitch.tv/R6esportsBR
· In Portuguese (stream B): Twitch.tv/R6esportsBR2
· In German: Twitch.tv/Rainbow6DE
In Spanish: Twitch.tv/Rainbow6ES
In Spanish (LATAM): Twitch.tv/rainbow6latam
In French: Twitch.tv/Rainbow6FR
Em Italian: Twitch.tv/Rainbow6IT
In Japanese: Twitch.tv/Rainbow6JP
Korean Em: Twitch.tv/Rainbow6KR
Only two playoffs:
· In Poland: Twitch.tv/Rainbow6PL
Hungarian Em: Twitch.tv/Rainbow6HU
Em mandarim: Twitch.tv/rainbow6cntwitch
More than ten professionals in the transmission team, without counting those who work behind the scenes, behind the cameras. The narrators and commentators are divided into pairs, they are: André “Meligeni” and Otávio “Retalha”; Ricardo “qeP” and Victória “viic” and also Alexandre “Alezudoo” and Henrique “sSeiiya”.
Besides them, the presenters Léo Bianchi, Maria Bonino, Domitila Becker, Mathias Galdi and also the analysts “Ique” Monclar and Rafaela “Miranda” are part of the time that they have brought information and entertainment to the days of the modality.
The games are broadcast in Portuguese on the official channels of Rainbow Six Esports Brazil on Twitch and on YouTube. A secondary channel with community casters in narrations and comments is also available. São eles: Enrico “Nishiwegger”, João Gabriel “OJGz”, Lucas “LukeeR” and Jeferson “Moska1m".
Health and safety
With the health and safety of two professional gamers, officials, partners and fans as the main priority, Ubisoft, in partnership with FACEIT, will work to develop a controlled, safe and competitive offline environment following rigorous health guidelines. Below are the different actions that will be taken to ensure everyone's safety:
*The health and safety measures can be updated at the time of the event, based on the evolution of the situation and the guidelines of the local authorities.
For the audience:
- All participants will have to wear a face mask for the duration of the event.
- Age restriction: the event is open to everyone over 17 years old. Participants with 16 years of age are authorized to participate in the event, provided that they provide or consent to both countries. The event is not open to any person under 16 years of age.
- O Cosplay is encouraged, but will be subject to additional verifications and restrictions.
- Non-local bags are not allowed, except for those that are completely transparent and do not exceed the following dimensions: 12" x 6" x 12". Each participant will be subject to a security search. Bags that are part of a cosplay uniform will be permitted and subject to a security check.
Non-local outside food or drinks will not be allowed.
For players and trainers:
Before the event:
With proof of vaccination, a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) will be mandatory to fly to the United States - maximum 24 hours before departure.
During or event:
It is strongly recommended that all players and trainers remain in the hotel and non-local facilities throughout the duration of the event. All the necessary amenities will be at your disposal to guarantee a positive experience in the hotel and outside the venue.
Rules for players:
• All players and trainers will have individual hotel rooms.
• All the teams will have their own training room.
• All teams are prohibited from visiting the opponents' training area or hotel rooms.
• Regular tests and mandatory antigens for all players and coaches, on arrival in Charlotte, before two playoffs and before leaving the event.
• Masks: Players and trainers will wear masks at all times, except when playing outside the box and during interviews.
• All equipment within the premises will be rigorously sanitized daily at the beginning and at the end of each day.
• The competition areas will be sanitized before and after each match.
• Cleaning of the interview equipment in the area before and after each interview session.
• Frequent cleaning of all high touch surfaces.
In case of contingencies:
• If a player tests positive for COVID-19 prior to traveling to Charlotte, or a designated substitute present at the event may not substitute a player for the competition.
• If two or more players test positive before traveling to Charlotte, the entire team will be removed from the competition.
• If the trainer tests positive before the event, he will not be replaced.
The participating teams will face competitive sanctions, including expulsion and total disqualification from the competition, if they do not comply with the safety instructions at any time during the event.
Once in Charlotte, a player or trainer was positive after any two necessary PCR tests:
• The player will be placed in isolation and all necessary accompanying measures will be taken to guarantee the safety of all participants and officials during the competition.
• If the impacted player is equipped to continue with the competition, Ubisoft will do better to accommodate the player remotely, in isolation in the hotel rooms.
• The team will receive the necessary support to ensure that it is repatriated under adequate security conditions for it and for the general public.